Learn how to reset Instrument Cluster Multifunction Display Message that says: “Service A B Exceeded by XXXXX Miles”
There is two ways to reset the service reminder interval.
- One is to use the steering wheel buttons and access the instrument cluster menu. Instructions on how to do that on several different models are shown below.
- The second method is to use a OBD II scanner such as the iCarsoft MB II which allows you to reset the service intervals on most Mercedes-Benz models.
The two most common services are: A Service and B service
The Service A maintenance appointment will include the following tasks:
- Change engine oil and filter,
- Check the warning and indicator lamps and horn for functionality,
- Check the windshield/headlamp wiper and washer systems for functionality and fluid levels,
- Ensure that seat belts are functioning correctly,
- Inspect tires and check tire pressure (including spare),
- Inspect brake pad thickness and disc condition,
- Check and correct all fluid levels, and
- Reset your vehicle’s FSS counter.
The Service B maintenance appointment will include the following tasks:
- Replace windshield wiper inserts,
- Inspect all tires for pressure for and wear (including spare),
- Rotate tires,
- Lubricate and inspect throttle linkage,
- Check parking brake for functionality and inspect brake pad thickness and disc conditions,
- Check steering play for proper functionality,
- Examine headlamps and exterior lamps, warning and indicator lamps, and horn for proper functionality,
- Check windshield/headlamp wiper and washer systems for functionality and fluid levels,
- Check seat belts and backrest lock (S-Class only) for proper functionality,
- Inspect front axle ball joints, rubber boots, and Poly-V-belt,
- Check major components for leakage,
- Check for chafe marks, line routing, components,
In all SLK, CLK, C-Class, and E-Class models, you’ll also need to replace the dust filter.
How to Reset: Reset Service Indicator
- Insert key into ignition, switch to position “1“.
- Press buttons or repeatedly until the mileage is displayed within the multifunction display.
- Press cluster illumination button (1) 3 times in short succession. The battery voltage will be displayed and an audible signal will sound. Cluster illumination button is on the left side of the cluster, not on the steering wheel.
- Turn key in ignition to position “2”
- Press the up / down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel until the service menu appears.
- Press cluster illumination button (1) once. The Oil Type menu is displayed.
- Use the and buttons to select the oil used for the service.
- Press the up / buttons to confirm. The display will show: “Reset Oil Confirmation. Push R-Button for 3 seconds”.
- Press and hold the cluster illumination button (1) for 3 seconds. The message “Service confirmed” is displayed.
- Turn key in steering lock to position 2.
- Within 4 seconds press “0″ button twice. The present status for days or distance displays, within 10 seconds turn the electroninc key in steering lock to position 0.
- Press and hold “0″ button while turning electronic key in steering lock to position two again.
- The present status for days or distance displays once more.